The holidays are a time for being with family. What else are the holidays known for? You guessed it – eating! Our family celebrates every major holiday by going to brunch. So in the holiday spirit of sharing and giving, I thought I would share our favorite restaurants in our list of the Top 10 Brunch Places in Frederick MD.
- Dutch’s Daughter Restaurant (301-668-9500) – I start the list with my all-time favorite brunch. If you are looking for an old-fashioned, classic Sunday Brunch, nothing beats Dutch’s Daughter. And the ambiance is perfect for holiday gatherings. Buffet choices include carved prime rib, crab omelets; cream chipped beef and biscuits, and my favorite – crab dip. And that is just to name a few of the items on their buffet. And the $1 bloody marys and mimosas don’t hurt either!
- Madrone’s Restaurant (240-439-4010) – Madrone’s Sunday Brunch is reminiscent of Sunday Brunch in New Orleans. They don’t offer a buffet option, but each plated meal we’ve tried there is delicious and filling. Regardless if you want eggs, waffles, or shrimp and grits, you won’t be disappointed!
- Volt Restaurant (301-696-8658) – Volt Restaurant is where you go when you want a one-of-a-kind dining experience. But if you are the type of person that needs to be able to identify what you are eating, beware, this may not be the experience for you. But if you are in the mood to be a little adventurous, and you want to be completely pampered and stuffed with unique and delicious food, you cannot be a Volt Brunch experience. You get to choose between a 3- or 5-course meal. Each course gives you several options to choose between.
- Family Meal by Volt (301-378-2895) – Family Meal offers home cooking with a twist. With items such as biscuits and gravy, breakfast sandwich, and ham omelet, one would expect to see your standard diner fare. But not so. For example, take their bourbon sticky It’s described as being “as big as your face.” The best explanation I can give of the Family Meal experience is that it is Bryan Voltaggio’s (Volt Restaurant) version of the all-American diner.
- Isabella’s (301-698-8922) – Ever been to brunch in Spain? Well if you want to know what it would be like, check out Isabella’s. While no two visits are likely to be the same (they like to change up their menu), there’s always something on the menu to appeal to most anyone. My favorite is their waffles with flavored butter.
- Café Nola (301-694–6652) – Voted “Best Breakfast in Frederick” three years running, Café Nola offers delicious select breakfast options in the heart of downtown Frederick Arts district. There is a distinct southern flare to the offerings at Café And there is a reason that Café is the first part of their name. Their coffees are DELISH!
- The Tasting Room (240-379-7772) – Food at The Tasting Room is New American with a European flare. What does that mean? Delicious, expensive, smaller portioned and beautifully presented.
- JoJo’s Restaurant and Tap House (301-732-5197) – Another popular downtown restaurant, JoJo’s offers a wide variety of choices for its Sunday brunch. The food is good, the service inviting, and you won’t leave hungry!
- Firestone’s Tavern (301-663-0330) – Firestone’s Culinary Tavern is a staple of Frederick. Located in the heart of downtown, whether you are looking for a night out on the town or a family brunch, Firestone’s will be one of the recommendations from just about any Frederick local.
- White Rabbit Gastropub (240-651-1952) – Yum. Yum. While I put White Rabbit as number 10 on this list, that is not an indication of its rank. I cannot say enough about the food at White Rabbit. From the chicken and waffles to the Fried Green Benedict, there is not a bad choice on the menu. Hard to find, but once you do, it is so worthwhile to go down this rabbit hole.
Believe it or not, these ten restaurants are just the tip of the iceberg for great dining in Frederick. The Frederick area offers so much from dining to entertainment to history. Whether you live in the Frederick area already or are considering a move, follow my blog and newsletter to learn more about Frederick and why it is such a great place to live!